Pro Sharpening Actions
Professional sharpening actions.
Includes several techniques including the common desaturated High Pass, but also a more accurate sharpening method. Both for 8 bit (normal) and 16 bit images.
Tested in CS3, CS4 and CS5.
The sharpening (user chooses radius) is placed on a new layer, and opacity can be adjusted to increase or decrease the strength.
Sharpen for screen: 0.3-1.0 px radius
Sharpen for press (halftone): 2 px radius
Sharpen for print (inkjet): 2-3 px radius
Tip: Use masks to limit it to areas of the image.
Tip: Use a super-high radius for local contrast enhancement.
* The set now includes Smart Sharpen as well as a readme.
* Default opacity changed on the actions.
* Motion Blur sharpening removed. This is covered by Smart Sharpen.
* Default opacity corrected right this time.
* Desaturation of the sharpening effect now properly only affects Saturation.